So, here's a quick synopsis of our life so far:
- Metro is really enjoying his job. His first week was, I believe, more than he had hoped for. He wrote, he edited, he contributed ideas, he bonded with his new co-workers.
- The rental market is unbelievably tight right now. May is the month that the people who spend their winters in the motels hunt out any apartments. I'm hunting any apartment. It's a little scary how white trash some of the places are that I'm having to consider.
- The buying market is better -- I'm looking forward to getting into it, probably sooner than I expected, just because of the rental market.
- We are living in a partial basement suite...not a full kitchen. Comfortable, furnished, convenient enough, and we can stay there until the beginning of June.
- I'm networking like a mad fool -- found us that basement suite, made connections with some of the festivals in town, got an invite to a Rotary meeting...and applied for a job managing the local Farmer's Market.
- The cats are fine -- and may even be getting used to the sudden changes in location. Or, at least, the hiding-under-the-bed time is getting shorter.
So, the adventure continues. I'm a little uncomfortable with our living situation in Limbo, but that should clear up soon.