In order of icky, the first being the ickiest:
- your application is ignored, lost in the ether, no acknowledgement, no human contact
- you don't get an interview, but you get an automated response
- you don't get an interview, but a human is involved in the response (has to print off the form letter, saliva on the stamp)
- you get the interview, teach the sample lesson, give them an hour or more of your time, and you have to call them because you've heard nothing for weeks
- you get the interview, but screw up somehow, are deemed inappropriate, and get the 'we've gone with someone else' phone call
- the least icky of all, is you get to the second interview, but still don't get the job. I don't mind not being hired after the second interview. Now it's no longer personal, you didn't screw up, it's down to skill set/experience...and that's understandable.
Of course, the un-icky version would be to get the job...
But ya can't win 'em all.
(So ya, I didn't get the job, but I did get called back for a second interview.)
And I have another interview next Friday morning.