Sunday, July 30, 2006

Your Favourite Music?

At Christmas, Metro and I bought a few Napster cards for people, each worth 3 months of unlimited downloads. With Metro away this weekend, I started it up, and have been happily downloading some great stuff, mostly albums of artists I already like.
  • Nina Simone
  • Tom Waits
  • Cowboy Junkies
  • Lucinda Williams
  • Bonnie Raitt
And a neat treasure: another album of Leonard Cohen covers: the soundtrack to the movie Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man, a documentary on the man's life, which I have yet to see.

But I don't know if I've got 3 months worth of downloading in me...I need suggestions. So, my loyal (?) readers, why don't you tell me your favourite bands & performers, so that I can learn some new music?

Thanks!

Lori

4 comments:

lifeflaw said...

I like to listen to Grace Deeb, Natacha Atlas,... Their songs are mixture of French/Western and Arabic music.

Lori said...

Thanks, Ahmad. Napster has a lot of Natcha Atlas (about 4 albums), so I can definitely check her (?) out. No Grace Deeb though. (But that's what Google is for...there must be a sample somewhere out there!)

Lori said...

Oh, the picture of the album cover just loaded...she's definitely female. Very beautiful! (Is that why you listen to her, Ahmad?? :P)

lifeflaw said...

That's one reason why I listen to her. :P

Actually, the only male singer I listen to is Amr Diab. But all in all, I cannot consider myself a serious music listener. :)

I will email you some songs for Amr Diab, Grace Deeb and Natacha Atlas. If you like the samples, you can download them officially. ;)