Saturday, November 18, 2006

A short time-killer...

Folks, after my rather contentious post of the other day, I think it's time for something innocuous.

So, here is a tasty little Monopoly-based game, called Dice Mogul. It takes just the right length of time to play...long enough to give you a change of pace from work, but not so short you need to play it more than once to give yourself a break. Easy to learn, but you need to make some decisions. Essentially, Monopoly without the nasty politicking and back-stabbing.

Have fun.

Lori

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

But the nasty politicking and backstabbing are what I like.

Lori said...

I knew someone would say that! Just didn't know who would get to it first...

When I first met my Metro, November of 2002, he invited me to his family's house for Christmas. A couple of weeks prior to that, we went out for dinner with his sister and her soon-to-be husband. I asked this guy the important question: "What tips do you have for surviving the Metro family Christmas?"

His instant reply: "Don't play Monopoly!" Brother and sister let up a roar of disagreement, while my new best-bud and I just exchanged knowing glances and smiled into our beers...

What is about that game, anyway? Gads.

Anonymous said...

Lively and provacative that's what I thought your last "blog" was. That's what I like if you are taking a poll.

Anonymous said...

I liked the game, though it went so fast it was hard to read the other players' comments and follow the game play. Nice music too.

Lori said...

yeah, catchy tune.

(Lyd, hope you appreciate the next 'lively and provocative' post...)

:-)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't respond quickly because I had to re-read every comment looking for Nags' use of backstabbing. Did I miss something Nag? I sure laughed at the Monopoly reference! I've written down where my houses and hotels were placed so that when the board was "disrupted" I could resume play. Mind you no one else on that particular Boxing Day wanted to play any longer!