Sunday, December 31, 2006

Hopefully, 2007 will be...

...less momentous.

What's happened this year? Just about everything. If you've been following along here, whether in person or just in the blogosphere, you'll know that Metro and I got married, honeymooned in Paris, sold our condo, moved to Penticton, changed jobs, bought a new house, met loads of new people, had a pile of friends come to visit...Oh yeah, and I steeled my courage and went to my 20-year high school reunion. Oh, and had my hair dyed for the first time in my life!

Enough! I want only one thing for the new year...to finally complete my two-year journey to a new career. It's time to land -- to that end, I'm going to actively pursue more projects, follow up on leads, and maybe become so comfortable in what I'm doing, that when the government does finally call, offering me a job, I'll have to hesitate...before I snap it up!

Leave a comment, and give me a summary of your year. I'd like to know...

See you next year!

Lori

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had an incredibly eventful year! Ours was less so -- I told the newspaper to stuff their low wage (designing ads, my 25 years' experience notwithstanding); our own web design business really started taking off; we joined the Chamber and got very involved; I joined Penticton Women In Business, then got on the Board; I started going in to the newspaper on-call to design ads, but at the top rate, a 50% increase (several days a month here and there); I took a bunch of seminars on marketing and networking; we decided to downsize our house next spring, and found a buyer. And Lori inspired me to start my own blog, on design and trends. It was a good year.

Anonymous said...

You already know my year. The less said, the better. At least my father's remains are where he wanted them, rather than on top of my bookcase, beside the statue of Merlin.

Here's to 2007! The only way to go is up!

Lori said...

Up we go! That's a goal for everyone, I would imagine.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing year you had, Lori!

Mine was rather zig-zaggy ... nothing terribly interesting (unless you were me and obsessed about every waking moment!).

Working harder this year on just letting moments go ... if that makes any sense. Anyhoodle - happy new year to you and Metro. It's been nice meeting you both and also your pal raincoaster ... best wishes to all of you for the year to come!

Lori said...

azahar, when I need to let one of those irritating moments go, I'll often retreat to my mantra, repeating it often, under my breath:

"Water off a duck's back."