Wednesday, May 02, 2007

One day in a Chinese restaurant...

...my cousin was eating dinner with my mom, me and a couple of my nephews. It came time to open the fortune cookies, and he introduced me (us) to the practice of ending each fortune cookie with "in bed!".

If you've never tried it, you're missing out.

Yesterday, my friend and I went for Chinese food. [We were looking for sushi, ended up with greasy Chinese...imagine our stomachs' disappointment!]

Our cookies:

"You will soon be the centre of attention -- in bed!"

"The world will soon be ready to receive your talents -- in bed!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is indeed a fun game. It makes me want to find (or make up) fortunes that would just be wrong, though. Actually, I've had urges to make up fortune cookie fortunes in general. Like "Look out!" or "you have spilled coffee on your shirt."

Metro said...

"Don't bother entering any long-term agreements."

"You will shortly be struck by a falling neon sign emblazoned with the name of a Chinese restaurant."

"You will be hungry again in half-an-hour."

"Redrum ... redrum."

"You have just eaten a satisfactory, yet somehow unsatisfying meal."

"The headwaiter is a high-ranking member of a tong. Keep your mouth shut and tip 50% and you may just get out of this alive."

And of course the chestnut:

"Help! I'm being held prisoner in a fortune cookie factory!"

Anonymous said...

How very '60's! :)

I remember doing that here in Perth back in the 1960's (Did you think I meant 1860's?) and it was just so anti-parental. The craze lasted about six months in my group. Thanks for the reminder.

Lori said...

Wow. Usually I'm much more prompt with replying to comments. My apologies if you folks don't feel so welcome right now...

@alejna
I would love to find a fortune that said "You've spilled coffee on your shirt." At least it would have a hope in hell of being true! (Oh, and I know you tagged me for 6 weird things. I've been busy...I have a post started, but I'm really not that weird. Really.)

@Metro
Silly Metro...

@Archie
Yeah, old news, I know. Glad you got a kick out of it though, now that you're in your twilight years! :p

Anonymous said...

I have one that says "A good time to finish up old tasks" so excuse me...back soon...