Thursday, January 25, 2007

Speaking of Idealism...

One of my favourite actors, Mr. Kevin Bacon, has done something good with the whole 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' thing that has hounded him for years -- redirected that energy to a lovely new charity networking site, Six Degrees. It launched on the 18th of this month, and a few stars are already on board. Individuals can donate money to a star's cause, or you can sign up to "become the star of your own cause" (as Kevin so elegantly puts it), and raise money for something you believe in.

....

I was going to rant on fame, but have decided against it. I just sound like a prude.

Personally, I would not want to be famous. I'm not talking well-known in your community -- that's cool. But fame in the sense of worthy to be noticed by Perez Hilton? No way. [I've actually managed, all of the New Year so far, to stay away from his site, and GoFugYourself...I was starting to know too much about what Britney was up to!]

What do you think about fame? Rant away!

Lori

No comments: