Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Choices

Rented a brilliant movie this week, and I've already watched it 3 times: Stranger than Fiction. It's another of those rare but wonderful films that are hard to categorize, so they use words like "comedy" -- because that's what one expects from someone like Will Farrell.

Rent this movie, watch it. Then come back here and we can discuss the choices one makes in life...

Like the choice I'm making to leave my rather up'n'down work life of networking my way into interesting projects for the possibly mundane 9-to-5 of a government job.

No more Farmers' Market (I'm giving my notice this week). No more Festivals. But, I'll be in a position to help organizations like the Festival get grants to create jobs, so that "working for an Arts Festival" will no longer have to mean "little or no money".

Now I have to shop for some clothes, because I've pretty much been wearing nothing but jeans for two years!

Lori

5 comments:

Sonia said...

So...I take it this means you got the government job?!

Lori said...

Yuppers! I have to get my official offer, but the plan is for me to start June 18th.

Gads.

Sonia said...

Congrats! How cool is that?!!!

Lori said...

Yeah, I know. I tried calling you tonight, 'cause I need to go up to Kelowna this weekend -- to buy some clothes for an office setting. Seriously, I've been essentially wearing jeans at work since 1994!!

Sonia said...

Darren did mention you called...I have not been home one nt yet this weekend...I'm swamped this weekend as I'm organizing a 50th Bday for a friend...If you want to try me again on my home number I'll try and remember to transfer my calls to the cell...We'll I'm off to the gym...