Monday, December 24, 2007

Food, Family & Fun

...not necessarily all at once.

As my co-worker and I slog away at our projects in a very quiet office, I find myself really looking forward to this whole festive season.

Tonight, we've got some friends in from the Big Smoke for Christmas, and one is even staying to the New Year. I've got a pot roast in the slow cooker, for a delish, no-effort dinner.

Tomorrow, the Day itself, we've ended up with a table of 11. Not bad for a couple whose family is elsewhere for the season. My mom is coming and a few local friends will round out the group.

And, thankfully, the gift pile is a mere dribble...we've got the message out to most that we'd rather not accumulate any more, or buy into the seasonal hype.

So, to everyone, enjoy your day tomorrow. If you are one of the many in the world that do not celebrate Christmas in any of its forms (religious, familial, or consumer), here's a lovely post from Lifehack.org on some ideas for you.

Peace on Earth, and all that!

Lori

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

I like the Lifehack post - those are also good ideas for New Year's Day (which I don't tend to 'celebrate').

Anonymous said...

Nice Lifehack post! Agree with azahar -- it's a great list for New Year's.